My brother joined the army. He's 29 years old. Married with 2 little kids - Daniel is 4 years old and Nathalia will be one in February. When he told me he was thinking of joining the army, my first reaction was, I DON'T THINK SO!! What was he thinking??? Does he not know what's going on in the world right now???? Then I realized he was serious. He's been unemployed for about 2 years, unable to get a job doing what he wanted. The economy's upside-down, and he had an even harder time since he didn't finish college.
Albert left for basic training last Tuesday. He's at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult the next 9 weeks will be for him, for his wife, and his two kids. My sister in law, Fatima, sent me this picture yesterday. And I finally got it - he's doing this for himself, for his wife, for his kids, for his family, and for his country. And I've never been more proud of him.
Albert left for basic training last Tuesday. He's at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult the next 9 weeks will be for him, for his wife, and his two kids. My sister in law, Fatima, sent me this picture yesterday. And I finally got it - he's doing this for himself, for his wife, for his kids, for his family, and for his country. And I've never been more proud of him.

0 comments:
Post a Comment