I follow quite a few craft blogs and always think to myself, "I can do that!". But then, I don't. Steamy Kitchen, a food blog, posted this the other day, and I thought they were so cute! And it looked super easy to make! So yesterday, I went to Hobby Lobby and bought all my supplies. This was my inspiration wreath. It's for sale on Etsy for $30 plus $8 for shipping, and I didn't want to pay almost $40 for something I was sure I could make myself.
I've been wanting to find a spring wreath for our door, and this one was perfect!
So last night, while we watched the most pointless, meaningless, and biggest waste of time movie The American with George Clooney, I made my wreath! I finished it before the movie even ended!
What do you think??? I couldn't find the zig-zaggy felt ribbon, so I just went without it. And my colors turned out to be a lot brighter than the other one, but I love it! It's so bright and cheery and springy! Plus, I made it myself! Cost breakdown?
- Straw Wreath - $3.99
- Yarn - $2.88 per bundle (I bought 4 colors)
- Beads for the center of the flowers - $1.99
- Felt - $0.25 each (I bought 4)
Total Cost: $18.50 plus tax
Sure beats $38!! And it was so easy to make and I had so much fun doing it!


0 comments:
Post a Comment