May 15, 2010

Oak Cliff Fun . . . ?

Who knew Oak Cliff could be so much fun?? Today, April and I took a sewing class at Make Shop & Studio. It was so much fun! We all got to learn the basics of how to use a sewing machine and then we made a purse/messenger bag.


After class, we stopped in at the store next door, Green Pet. It was such a neat store - they sell all sorts of all natural products for your little pooch. I got Casey one of these Jumbo Flossies and a bag of all natural dog chews. I think she really liked the flossy!


We walked up and down Bishop Avenue, stopping in at some of the little shops. We'd both never been down in that area, but we loved it! We stopped for lunch at Tillman's Roadhouse. If you've never been, you MUST go! It was so good!! I stole these pics off their website, since I forgot my camera. The restaurant was decorated so cute...I can't wait to go back!



After lunch, we went over to Crate & Barrel off Knox. I didn't plan on buying anything, but....sometimes things just happen. :) I've been wanting to add a little color to our kitchen/living room/dining room for a while now and Crate and Barrel had the perfect shade of teal blue! I got these votives for our mantle.


I think they look great - now I just need to get some Bird of Paradise votives. And something for the left side of the mantle!

I also got this vase to go in one of the cubby holes in our entertainment center.


I had so much fun hanging out with April and doing girlie things today!! And I can't wait to take the home decor sewing class at Make! I'd highly suggest you take a trip down to the Bishop Arts District in Oak Cliff and wander around for an afternoon.

1 comments:

The Glenn Family said...

omg we have to go back there to eat! my parents have eaten at hattis ... said it was delicious, but have to make reservations and is expensive haha! oh and tuxie ate his bone in one day. and my mom wants a purse! oh and i love love love the turquoise vase in the entertainment center! okay, that's it :-)

Post a Comment